ONCE UPON A TIME, THERE LIVED AN ELEPHANT IN A FOREST AMONG MANY OTHER ANIMALS.ONCE A BIG WILD FIRE BROKE OUT IN A FOREST. TO SAVE THEMSELVES, ALL THE ANIMALS INCLUDING THE ELEPHANT RAN TO A SAFE AREA. SOON, THE AREA GOT VERY CROWDED WITH THE ANIMALS.
THE ELEPHANT RAISED HIS LEG TO SCRATCH HIS FOOT. A RABBIT QUICKLY JUMPED INTO THIS SPACE. WHEN THE ELEPHANT WENT TO PUT HIS FOOT DOWN, HE FELT SOMETHING. HE NOTICED THE RABBIT SITTING THERE. TO AVOID CRUSHING AND HURTING THE RABBIT, HE HELD HIS LEG UP. THE FIRE LASTED FOR THREE DAYS. THROUGH OUT THE THREE DAYS THE ELEPHANT KEPT HIS LEG UP. WHEN THE FIRE STOPPED, ALL THE ANIMALS AND THE RABBIT LEFT. THE ELEPHANT FELT HAPPY THAT HE SAVED THE RABBIT’S LIFE. THEN, THE ELEPHANT TRIED TO PUT DOWN HIS FOOT, BUT HE COULD NOT BECAUSE HIS BODY HAD BECOME STIFF. INSTEAD, HE FELL DOWN AND DIED.
AS A RESULT OF HIS COMPASSION AND KINDNESS, THE ELEPHANT WAS REBORN AS Prince Meghkumar IN HIS NEXT LIFE.
1) Who lived in the forest?
2) Why did the animals run one place?
3) What did the elephant do when he saw the rabbit under his foot?
4) How long did the fire last?
5) What do you think about what the elephant did?
8) What happened when the elephant tried to put his foot down?
9) What did the elephant become in his next life?