JAINS ARE VEGETARIANS.
WE EAT VEGETABLES, SQUASH, BEANS, PEAS, TOMATOES, FRUITS, AND LETTUCE.
JAINS DO NOT EAT STEAK, HAMBURGERS, HOT DOGS, OR ANY OTHER KIND OF MEAT.
JAINS ALSO DO NOT EAT CHICKEN, EGGS, TURKEYS, OR ANY POULTRY ITEMS.
JAINS ALSO DO NOT EAT FISH, LOBSTERS, OYSTERS, OR ANY KIND OF SEAFOOD.
JAINS RESPECT EVERY LIFE.
JAINS AVOID FOOD PRODUCTS WHICH INVOLVE INJURY TO ANY LIFE.
JAINS TRY TO MINIMIZE VIOLENCE EVEN TO PLANTS;
THEREFORE, JAINS AVOID EATING ROOT VEGETABLES, SUCH AS ONIONS, GARLIC, BEETS, CARROTS, AND POTATOES.
JAINS ALSO SHOULD NOT DRINK BEER, WINE, LIQUOR, WHISKEY, OR ANY KIND OF ALCOHOL.
JAINS SHOULD NOT WASTE ANY FOOD.
JAINS OFFER FOOD TO POOR PEOPLE.
JAINS FAST ON CERTAIN RELIGIOUS DAYS.
JAINS PREFER TO DRINK BOILED WATER.
JAINS DON’T TO EAT AFTER SUNSET AND BEFORE SUNRISE.
1) Should Jains be vegetarian?
2) Can you name a few vegetarian foods?
3) Can you name some vegetables Jains should not eat?
4) What do Jains check before ordering any food?
5) Can you name some common meat items?
7) Do Jains eat poultry?
8) Can you name some common poultry products?
9) Do Jains eat seafood?
10) Can you name some common seafood?
11) Do Jains drink wine, beer, or liquor?
12) When should Jains eat?
Circle the foods which Jains eat and cross out the things which Jains do not eat.
Green vegetables Hamburgers Lobsters Lima beans Chicken Hot dogs
Black-eye peas Turkeys Fish Bean Burritos Ice-cream with eggs Steak