Methi Papad Sabzi
- 3 large papads
- 2 tsp. green or yellow methi (fenugreek) seeds
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1/4 tsp. each cumin & mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp. dhania powder
- 3-4 pinches turmeric
- 2 pinches asafoetida
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. fresh curds
- 2 cups water
- Boil fenugreek seeds in some water, till soft to touch but not mushy.
- Drain, pour cold water and drain again. Keep aside.
- Break papad into 1 squares roughly.
- Dissolve dry masalas and salt in 1/2 cup water.
- Heat a heavy pan, add oil.
- Add seeds, allow to splutter, add masala water.
- Stir, add curds, stir continuously till whiteness is gone.
- Add remaining water, methi seeds, bring to a boil.
- Add papad pieces, bring back to boil.
- Cook on low, covered, for 3-4 minutes or till papad is soft.
- Serve hot with chapati.
Note: Fenugreek seeds are done when they press between pressure of thumb and finger. If they are over Boiled and burst, they will give a bitter taste to the dish. The same holds good if they are under Boiled.
Making time: 10 minutes
Makes: 3 servings
Shelflife: Best fresh