- 1/2 cup green gram whole
- 2 pinches citric acid or 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 pinches asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. ghee
- 1/4 tsp. cumin seeds
- 3 cups water
- Wash, pressure cook gram till very soft and mushy in 1 cup water. Will require
approx. 5 whistles.
- Remove and mash coarsely with back of spoon.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add seeds to splutter.
- Add asafoetida, cooked moong and all other ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for 2 mins.
- Serve hot.
Making time: 10 minutes (excluding pressure cooking time)
Makes: 3 servings
Shelflife: Best fresh, but can be refrigerated and reused