Lemta Or Patolia
- 2 tbsp. wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. ghee
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups water
- Sweetened hot milk as required (approx. 1/4 cup to 1 cup lemta)
- Pour flour into a heavy pan.
- Dry roast flour stirring continuously, over low fire.
- When flour is a light golden brown, and exudes strong aroma, add water.
- Stir continuously to avoid lumps and bring to a boil.
- Add ghee, salt and simmer till the liquid is slightly thick, like a pouring sauce. Take in individual bowls, add hot sweetened milk as per taste.
- Even unsweetend milk may be added if preferred, then add salt as per taste.
- Serve hot with crushed khakras, eaten the way cornflakes is in milk.
Making time: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
Shelflife: best fresh