SUPREME DEVOTION (Parama Bhakti)
134. A saint or a layman, who entertains
devotion for right belief, right knowledge and right conduct (is said) to have
devotion leading to liberation. This has been said by the conquerors.
135. He, who knowing the various
attributes of the Liberated Soul entertains supreme devotion for them, is from
practical point of view, said (to have devotion).
136. A saint, who keeping himself on the
path of liberation entertains devotion leading to liberation, realises his
soul, through it, as full of independent attributes.
137. A saint, who having renounced
attachment, etc., is absorbed in himself, (is said) to have devotion for
meditation. Who else can have such meditation?
138. A saint, who having got rid of all
foreign thought-activities, is absorbed in himself, (is said) to have devotion
for meditation. Who else can have such meditation?
139. Natural thought-activity (of a saint)
who having given up perverse motive, contemplates upon the principles,
enunciated by the Conquerors, is meditation.
140. The greatest Conquerors, Rishabha and
others being thus absorbed in supreme devotion for self-meditation have
attained the perfect bliss of liberation; therefore practise supreme devotion