A HANDBOOK OF PREKSHA
MEDITATION FOR THE TRAINERS
Muni Mahendra Kumar
CONTEMPLATION OF FORBEARANCE
2. Recitation of the Mahaprana Dhavani
4. With your mind's eye visualise that every thing around you, including the
air itself, is coloured bright blue like peacock's neck.
Take a deep breath and as you slowly inhale, visualise that you are breathing
long streams of bright blue air. Repeat the breathing exercise several times,
each time inhaling bright blue air. Visualise that bright blue air is entering
into your lungs with each inhalation.
5. Concentrate your full attention on the Centre of Enlightenment situated in
the middle of your forehead and recite nine times loudly:
'My forbearance is being reinforced. My equanimity is increasing'.
Now repeat the same sentences mentally nine times:
'My forbearance is being reinforced. My equanimity is increasing.'
6. Contemplate on the desirability of acquiring this virtue on the following
The physical discomfort resulting from seasonal changes--sensations produced
Mental sensations such as sensations of pleasure and pain--sensations of
comfort and discomfort, and Emotional sensations such as opposing views,
opposing nature, opposing taste --all these affect me, but I should not be
swayed by them.
If I permit their influence to overwhelm me, it would inhibit my abilities.
Less I am affected, greater would be my strength. That is why development of
forbearance is the key to my success in life.
7. Conclude the meditation session with recitation of Mahaprana Dhvani.