- 4 tsp. wheat flour
- 125 gms. Jaggery grated
- 1 tbsp. ginger powder (soonth)
- 1 tbsp. large crystals of goondh (edible resin gum)
- 1 tbsp. grated dried coconut
- 1 tbsp. almonds pounded coarsely
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
- 4 tbsp. ghee
- Heat half ghee in pan, add flour, and gum crystals.
- Allow crystals to pop well, stirring continuously.
- Empty, keep aside.
- In same pan, add remaining ghee, add jaggery, mix.
- Cook till all jaggery has melted to a smooth paste.
- Do not overcook or soonth will become hard.
- Remove from fire, add all ingredients, including popped gum.
- Mix very well. Cool to room temperature.
- Store in moistureproof container, pressing down lightly while filling.
- The mixture should be crumbly, chewy and dry.
Making time: 25 minutes
Makes: 3 -1/2 – 4 cups (approx.)
Shelflife: 3-4 weeks