- 250 gms. Wheat flour (sieve through a fine mesh)
- 200 gms. Rock sugar (misri) ground
- 200gms. Ghee
- 1 tbsp. almonds chopped in slivers
- 1/2 tbsp. fine goondh (edible gum resin) crystals
- Heat 1 tbsp. ghee, add 2 tsp. flour and gum crystals.
- Allow them to pop well, empty and keep aside.
- Add remaining ghee to same pan, add flour.
- Stir fry till flour is pinkish in colour and aroma exudes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Mix together popped gum, roasted flour, sugar and almonds.
- Press down in an airtight container, and cool very well before storing shut.
Making time: 20 minutes (excluding cooling time)
Makes: 3 cups approx.
Shelflife: 3-4 weeks