- 1 cup wheat germ (slightly big grained)
- 1 cup jaggery or sugar
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup ghee
- 1 tbsp. almonds peeled and slivered
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
- Boil together 1 cup water and jaggery or sugar till fully dissolved.
- Cover keep aside.
- In a heavy sauce pan heat ghee.
- Add wheat germ, stir and cook on low till light golden.
- An aroma must exude. Boil remaining 2 cups water.
- Add to roasted wheat germ, cook till grain is tender, and water is absorbed.
- Add hot sweet water. Strain while pouring in.
- Stir gently, and cook till all water is absorbed and ghee separates.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder, half almonds, mix well.
- Garnish with remaining almonds.
- Serve hot.
Making time: 30 minutes
Makes: 3 cups lapsee
Shelflife: Serve fresh. Refrigerated 2 weeks.
Refrigerate and heat small quantities as required.