1. Wash amchoor thoroughly.
2. Pressure cook amchoor and khajoor with plenty of water (approx..3 whistles) till tender.
3. Drain in colander, mash coarsely by hand.
4. Boil raisins in a little water till plump.
5. Drain, keep aside.
6. Add curds, mix well.
7. Boil sugar and water in a vessel till syrup is sticky between fingers.
8. Crush mustard and cumin seeds together, coarsely.
9. Add raisins, crushed seeds, dry masalas except asafoetida, salt, to amchoor.
10. Add slightly cooled syrup to amchoor, mix very well.
11. Check taste, add more sugar or spices as necessary.
12. Heat oil in a small saucepan, add asafoetida and pour over amchoor.
13. Stir with spatula and blend well.
14. Cool completely before pouring in airtight jars.
15. Refrigerate when not required.
16. Serve with any dish as a chutney or as a topper for breads, chappatis, etc.
20 mintues (excluding pressurecooking time)