Third Minor Vow (Anu Vrat)
The third minor vow is to refrain from theft. When will that auspicious day come in my life, when I can take the vow not to take someone’s belongings without permission, steal buried treasure, open someone’s package, open someone’s lock with another key, or knowingly take someone’s belonging, stealing personally, asking someone else to do so for me, or encouraging others to do so mentally, verbally, or physically? Until I take this vow, I shall try to observe these principles in my life, to the best of my abilities.
There are following five major violations pertaining to this vow of non-stealing:
1. Buying stolen or smuggled goods,
2. Helping any thief, burglar, or smuggler,
3. Doing anything against the state or forbidden by law,
4. Using inaccurate weighing or measuring instruments, or
5. Adulteration, or supplying inferior goods after showing
If I have indulged in any of the above acts, then may all my such sins be dissolved. TASSA MICHCHHAMI DUKKADAM.