Sthaviravali of the NandiSutra
A sthaviravali (list of successive pontiffs) is given in the first chapter of the Nandi-Sutra. The Nandi-Sutra sthaviravali agrees with the one given in the Kalpa-Sutra up to Mahagiri and Suhatthi (9), but thereafter it differs completely from the one given in the latter. The Nandi-Sutra sthaviravali is not wel1-known among the Svetambaras, and in fact, except for Mangu (15), there is no legend known at present about any of these other pontiffs mentioned in the list.
The NandiSutra sthaviravali is as follows:
1. Suhamma of Aggivesanam gotta.
2. Jambu of Kasavam gotta.
3. Pabhaba of Kaccayana gotta.
4. Sijjambhava of Vaccha gotta.
5. Jasabhadda of Tungiya gotta.
6. Sambhuya, of Madharam gotta.
7. Bhaddabahu of Pa-innam gotta.
8. Thulabhadda of Goyama gotta.
9. Mahagiri and Suhatthi, of Vaccha gotta.
10. Bahula of Kosiya gotta.
11. Sayam of Hairya gotta.
12. Samajja of Moha-i.gotta.
13. Samdilla of Kosiya gotta.
14. Ajja Samudda.
15. Ajja Mangu.
16. Ajja Dhamma.
18. Ajja Va-ira
19. Ajja Raksita.
20. Ajja Nandila.
21. Ajja Naga-hatti
22. Revati (vai nakkhatta namanam).
23. Bambhaddivaga Sihe.