Sixth Vow - First (Supporting) Guna Vrat
The first supporting vow is to restrict dealings within limited
directions. When will that auspicious day come in my life, when I can take
the vow and set limits on dealing in different directions? They are
upward, downward, East, West, North and South, and I will stay within
that. I shall try to observe these limitations to the best of my
abilities, and try not to cross them willingly and get involved in the
five evils of violence, lies, theft, passion, and greed. I would not do it
myself, or ask someone else to do it for me, or encourage them to do so
mentally, verbally, or physically.
There are following five major violations pertaining to this vow of
1. Crossing the limits of upward direction,
2. Crossing the limits of downward direction,
3. Crossing the limits of Eastern, Western, Northern, or
4. Curtailing the limit of one direction to extend the limits of an
5. Proceeding in spite of indication that the limit is over.
If I have indulged in any of the above acts, then may all my such sins be
dissolved. TASSA MICHCHHAMI DUKKADAM.