1. I will not wilfully kill any innocent creature.
- I will not commit suicide.
- I will not, commit foeticide.
2. I will not attack anybody.
- I will not support aggression.
- I will endeavour to bring about world peace and disarmament.
3. I will not take part in violent agitations or in any destructive activities.
4. I will believe in human unity.
- I will not discriminate on the basis of caste, colour etc., nor will I treat anyone as an untouchable.
5. I will practise religious toleration.
- I will not rouse sectarian frenzy.
6. I will observe rectitude in business and general behaviour.
- I will not harm others in order to serve any ends.
- I will not practise deceit.
7. I will set limits to the practice of continence and acquisition.
8. I will not resort to unethical practices in elections.
9. I will not encourage socially evil customs.
10. I will lead a life free from addictions.
- I will not use intoxicants like alcohol, hemp, heroin, tobacco. etc.
11. I will always be alert to the problems of keeping the environment pollution-free.
- I will not cut down trees.
- I will not waste water.
(for every Anuvrati it is obligatory to practise the Anuvrats of the class concerned).